Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mildred Belle Day 2

Hello there! Here's an update on what we did for the rest of Tuesday. I forgot my memory card reader on land today but I promise I've been taking pictures and they'll be up soon!

"Today was an early day. Most of us were up by 6:00 AM and some of us earlier (like 5:30). It was probably because of the hard gravel we pitched our tents on. At 7:30 we had breakfast and as soon as we were done, we got back on the boat and left for Crisfield. We left around 9:30 and got there around 4:00. It was a long and wavy trip. During the trip, the crew had us "swab the decks." When we got to the campsite we pitched our tents really fast and had a great burrito dinner. Then Captain Mike took us on a night hike through the woods. It was very exciting. We saw lots of toads and had close calls with other animals."

Written by John

If you left a comment on the last post, I let your camper know. Oh, and we also went on a swim call off the boat! Very refreshing and minimal jellyfish stings.

Check back soon for an update on today's trip to Tangier island!

1 comment:

Irene Brenner said...

I hope everyone remembers sunscreen. I look foward to hearing more of your travels. Meg, love and miss you. It's offical Matt has a girlfriend now. Can't wait to get the scoop from you. Stay Safe!