Thursday, July 3, 2008

THE THIRD DAY: July 2, 2008

“Today we went canoeing. Jonathan, Marty, and Kahan capsized their canoe 3 times and we went swimming while canoeing. On the way to St. Michael’s Island for the day trip, we trawled and caught fish, crabs, and LOTS of jellyfish. The “Jimmy” (male crab) that we caught was molting but as of now we believe he is dead (its some kind of ancient Chinese secret).

At St. Michael’s we did a scavenger hunt and Hookem Tim chugged a Gatorade in 10 seconds. On the Belle, on the way back, we learned about water quality and run off. At night we played campfire games before we went to sleep.”
----
Half-hearted Jose reporting. To easy the minds of parents, the kids had a great time capsizing and the boys were kind enough to prove the effectiveness of the mandatory life vests!!! On a final note, many of your children were “eaten” in our campfire story-telling game. Eg. Jaws stalked and ate students on mount Everest, Died in Burmese Tiger pits, and yours truly was burned alive in a fire. Fortunately, we were all magically healed to live another day. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Clara said...

Hey Tim Sounds like you are having a great time. I hope by the time you get home you are good at washing the dishes. LOL See ya soon

Love Mom, Dad and Uncle Tommy

P.S. Mom Mom is here and doing well

Unknown said...

Hi Kim (meow),

Where are you? (meow) I haven't had my daily belly rubs and snuggles, (purr-purr), and can you believe no one wants to feed me in the morning (Meow!!!!). I keep trying to wake everyone up, but they just ignore me. (Meow-meow-meow) no matter how loud and annoying I am. (meow). The nerve! Don't they know that I rule this house? (Rrrrr-eow!!)

Hope you bring me some nice fish from the bay as a tasty treat. (Meow-meow) Just hide some inside your old shoes and I'll chew on them when you get home. (Mmmmeow!!!).

Well, I need to get back to my napping... (purr...)

Love,
Whiskers

Tammy said...

Hey Jonathan,

Sounds like you are having a blast. Keep some crab for me(mom)!

We all miss you,
T, M, D and Pontsi(who is feeling much better)